4 Days – 4 Nights
Similan Liveaboard Diving
Superior Class Liveaboard
• Similan Islands •
• Ko Bon & Ko Tachai •
• Richelieu Rock •
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard – Welcome on board
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard is a large and luxurious purpose-built scuba diving liveaboard boat, and the newest addition to the Similan islands fleet. The boat has just undergone a full refit in August & September 2016 in preparation for the upcoming Similan Islands diving season.
With a solid steel hull and air-conditioned en-suite cabins, guests are guaranteed to enjoy safe and comfortable 4 days and 4 nights dive cruises at Thailand’s best dive sites around the Similan & Surin national marine parks.
Enjoy fully serviced dive trips and first class facilities including A/C rooms, NITROX availability , traditional Thai style decoration, comfortable and spacious living area, and entertainment facilities including flat screen TV, DVD player and WiFi in some areas !
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard vessel is 37 metres long and can accommodate up to 26 lucky guests in air-conditioned cabins, most of which have private en suite bathrooms. During the summer of 2016 MV Sawasdee Fasai had a thorough refurbishment and refit. The boat and team are looking forward to welcoming guests for the next liveaboard diving season which starts in October
Starting with the cabins, MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard has 13 cabins, each accommodating two guests. On the boat’s upper deck there are two large master cabins and five deluxe cabins. The masters sit at the front of the boat with good views of the ocean. Each master cabin has a large double bed and en suite bathroom. The deluxe cabins also have en suite bathrooms and accommodate guests in twin bunk beds.
On the boat’s lower deck are four standard cabins and two budget cabins. All of them are air conditioned. The three budget cabins share a bathroom that has hot & cold shower and wash basin. MV Sawasdee Fasai’s standard cabins can be configured to have one large bed for couples or twin beds for friends or solo guests who will be paired with a same-sex other. The standard cabins have porthole windows and private en suite bathrooms with hot & cold water showers. Each guest will be supplied with one large and one small towel and toiletries.
The boat has a lounge with AV entertainment and dining areas to enjoy the delicious food that is served throughout the cruise. Diving makes you hungry, and the team understand that snacks & cookies are important between meals. The meals are a wonderful mixture of western and local cuisine that caters for all tastes and includes vegetarian options.
The diving from MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard is done from the large and low diving deck at the rear of the boat. The captain uses CCTV cameras to communicate with the dive staff to ensure safety at all times. Guests’ private and rental diving equipment is stored at the dive deck for the whole trip. Scuba divers normally enter the water from the large dive deck, and at the end of each dive they are picked up by the tender dinghy if getting to the main boat’s buoy rope is inconvenient. Enriched-Air certified divers can enjoy FREE Nitrox fills.
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard Photo Gallery
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard prices
|4D/4N Price||Budget Cabin||Standard Cabin||Deluxe Cabin||Master Cabin|
|DIN Adapter for 4 days||400|
|Suunto Dive computer for 4 days||1,200|
|Full Set Equipment per set (excl. dive computer) for 4 days||2,000|
To book your Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard trip, we need 50% deposit for an early booking if more than 90 days before the trip departure and the balance to be paid 90 days before the trip departure. As soon as you confirm us the booking, you will receive an invoice from PayPal that you can pay through your PayPal account or by credit cards.
PRICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Transfers from Phuket area
- Abundant Thai and European meals and snacks
- Free flow of tea, fresh coffee and drinking water all day long
- Fruits and Snacks all day long
- FREE Nitrox
- Instructors maximum 5:1 Ratio
- 24 Hour Medical Service
- Accident & re-compression chamber insurance
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Similans Park Fees – 1,800 THB
- Scuba equipment – 2,000 THB per set
- 15L Tank – 300 Baht per day
- Your certification card for scuba diving
- Small amount of money for beer & extras…
Please note that the National Park Fee is set by the National Park and is subject to change without notice.
Park fees are payable cash at your arrival on the boat.
To book your Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard diving holiday, please contact us to check availability. On receipt of your reservation request and if there is available cabin, we will hold the place for 48 hours. However, the booking will be final only after receipt of payment.
Be aware that this Liveaboard boat is in great demand. For Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year (february) periods – the boat is very often full over a year in advance.
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard schedule
|Departure||Return||Destination 4 days / 4 nights|
|*** Mid-May to Mid-October, Similan Islands are closed ***|
|16-Oct-2021||20-Oct-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|21-Oct-2021||25-Oct-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|26-Oct-2021||30-Oct-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|01-Nov-2021||05-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|06-Nov-2021||10-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|11-Nov-2021||15-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|16-Nov-2021||20-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|21-Nov-2021||25-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|26-Nov-2021||30-Nov-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|01-Dec-2021||05-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|06-Dec-2021||10-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|11-Dec-2021||15-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|16-Dec-2021||20-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|21-Dec-2021||25-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|25-Dec-2021||29-Dec-2021||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|29-Dec-2021||02-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|03-Jan-2022||07-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|08-Jan-2022||12-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|12-Jan-2022||16-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|17-Jan-2022||21-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|22-Jan-2022||26-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|26-Jan-2022||30-Jan-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|31-Jan-2022||04-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|04-Feb-2022||08-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|09-Feb-2022||13-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|14-Feb-2022||18-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|18-Feb-2022||22-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|23-Feb-2022||27-Feb-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|28-Feb-2022||04-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|05-Mar-2022||09-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|10-Mar-2022||14-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|14-Mar-2022||18-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|19-Mar-2022||23-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|24-Mar-2022||28-Mar-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|28-Mar-2022||01-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|02-Apr-2022||06-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|07-Apr-2022||11-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|12-Apr-2022||16-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|17-Apr-2022||21-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|21-Apr-2022||25-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|26-Apr-2022||30-Apr-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|01-May-2022||05-May-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|06-May-2022||10-May-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|11-May-2022||15-May-2022||Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu|
|*** Mid-May to Mid-October, Similan Islands are closed ***|
MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard Itinerary
Departure day pick-up times
- Patong Beach/ Kathu area: 17:00-17:30
- Chalong Bay/Kata/Karon Beach: 16:30-17:00
- Rassada Pier/ Phuket town/ Panwa Beach: 17:00-17:30
- Kamala/Surin/Cherng Talay/Talang/Ao Poh: 17:30-18:00
- Airport/ Nai Yang Beach/Mai Khao Beach: 18:00-18:30
- Khaolak/ Nang Thong Beach: 19:00-19:30
- Outside Khaolak center area: 19:00-19:30 ->
( 1,000 Baht per pax extra charge )
Each trip is 4 days and 4 nights in length. Departure is from Tablamu Pier in Khao Lak after free scheduled transfers from around Phuket and Khao Lak. The diving starts at the Similan Islands, where there are colourful sloping reefs and the diving is enjoyable for all levels of diver.
MV Sawasdee FaSai then sails north to Koh Tachai and Thailand’s best dive site Richelieu Rock. The final day is spent at Koh Bon before returning to Tablamu Pier for transfers to hotels.
- 17:00 Pick up time from all areas on the departure date
- 19:30 Arrive at Tablamu Pier (Phang-Nga Province)
- 20:30 Welcome dinner onboard – underway to Similan Island
- Day 1 Diving at Similan Island-3 Day dives + 1 Sunset dive
- Day 2 Diving at Similan Island/Koh Bon -3 Day dives + 1 Night dive
- Day 3 Diving at Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock-3 Day dives + 1 Night dive
- Day 4 Diving at Koh Bon or Boon Soong Wreck -2 Day dives
- Underway to Tablamu Pier, transfer by minibus back to Phuket approx.: 16:00
Itinerary and Dive site could be flexible due the weather & current
MV Sawasdee Fasai Description
Cabins & Facilities
The MV Sawasdee Fasai Liveaboard has a total of 13 cabins which can comfortably accommodate 26 guests. Specifically they are:
- 2 Master cabins – queen size bed with en-suite bathroom on the main deck.
- 5 Deluxe cabins – 2 bunk beds with en-suite bathroom also on the main deck.
- 4 Standard cabins – queen size bed or change to 2 separate beds with en-suite bathroom on the lower deck.
- 2 Budget cabin – 2 separate beds twin share located at lower deck with air-con, one flow air window, separate bathroom with hot shower.
In each cabin you will find:
- Drinking water
- 2 beach towels and 2 small towels
- Soap and shampoo
- Hair dryer
- 1 blanket
- 1 individual safe box
- 1 individual life jacket
- International electric sockets
- Rest Rooms: 11 cabins with en-suite bathrooms – wash basin and hot shower and 2 cabins shared bathrooms
- Outdoor facilities: Two showers located on the dive platform and 4 bathrooms next to dive station.
- Spacious upper and lower deck.
- Sundeck: 6 x 15 meters sundeck area
- Entertainment: 6.5 x 10 meters shaded entertainment area, TV / Video
- Rinse tanks are provided for the camera enthusiast.
- 5 Meals per day – Thai and Western. Vegetarian on request
- Type: Steel mono hull
- Length: 37 Meters
- Beam: 7.8 Meters
- Draft: 3.0 Meters
- GRT: 234 Tons
- Engines: 2 x Cummins KTA19M 500HP/1800RPM
- Generators: 3 x Hino 110 kva, 1 x Isuzu 15 kva
- Cruising Speed : 8-12 Knots
- Max Speed : 16 Knots
- Compressors : 1 x Bauer, 1 x LW, 2 x Membranes SP Electric with Nitrox unit
- Scuba tanks: 60 Aluminum Alloy Tanks, 8,12 and 15 liters with Yoke & DIN valves
- Instrumentation: GPS Plotter, Depth Sounder, Cellular Phone, SSB Radio, AIS Marine
- Freshwater: 25,000 Liters
- Fuel : 16,000 Liters
- Dinghy: 4.2 x 1.9 m with 50 HP outboard
- Safety: 2 x 25 passengers Life Rafts, full complement of life jackets. Fully equipped medic first aid station & oxygen .
- Max. passenger: 26