PADI Rescue diver – The most rewarding course in Phuket
Scuba diving lessons Phuket – Challenging and rewarding best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course Phuket. The Rescue Diver course is an important and crucial step in expanding a diver’s knowledge and experience beyond a purely recreational level. Rescue divers learn to look beyond themselves to consider the safety and well-being of other divers. This is why the PADI Rescue Diver rating is a prerequisite for all PADI leadership training such as Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, and PADI Instructor.
Learn to prevent and manage dive emergencies
The PADI Rescue diver training readies student scuba divers to help prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies using a variety of techniques. The PADI Rescue course is designed to be demanding, though realistic in its conduct, content and approach. Although the nature and context in which rescue training may be used is serious, the course is enjoyable and build diver confidence. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
Rescue Diver course Phuket video presentation
Become Rescue diver in Phuket with All 4 Diving
The PADI Rescue Diver course in Phuket usually takes place over 3 days. The course has two main components – knowledge development and open water training exercises.
Knowledge development may occur through independent student study, instructor-led sessions or a combination of both. This flexibility permits you to accommodate a variety of schedules. Open water training sessions consist of 12 required course exercises.
The curriculum for the Rescue course in Phuket is performance-based. The amount of time required to complete the rescue course program is based upon student diver aptitude and performance.
The usual schedule of the PADI Rescue Diver course in Phuket with All 4 Diving is:
- 1st day – knowledge development session with our PADI Instructors and practice of Rescue diver skills in one pool session.
- 2nd day – practice of rescue skills in open water and on the beach
- 3rd day – evaluation of two dive accident scenarios. This part is conducted on our boat MV Mermaid so you can go for one fun dive.
PADI Rescue Diver Course Philosophy
The PADI Rescue Diver course philosophy is that there is rarely only one way to accomplish a task. There is no “right” way to perform a rescue, but rather many options from which rescuers draw depending on the scenario. The course takes a flexible, conceptual approach to performing rescues – a rescuer’s relative size and strength, for example, as well as environmental factors dictate what rescue technique may be most effective. Rescue training exercises provide for individual differences and capabilities while encouraging divers to experiment with alternate techniques. Student divers learn to first think about the options available for handling an emergency, then to act using the best method for the situation.
PADI Rescue Diver Course Phuket development
Our PADI Dive Center will provide you all the PADI’s pedagogic material which cover what you need for your Rescue diver course. Our highly experienced Instructors will guide you through the one of the most challenging scuba diving lessons and dive techniques.
During the Rescue diver course you will learn:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Helping a tired diver
- Response from the shore or a boat
- Rescuing distressed diver under the water
- Organizing and participating in the research of Missing diver
- Rescuing and surfacing the Unconscious Diver
- Rescuing unconscious Diver at the Surface
- Exit an unconscious Diver from the water
- First Aid for Pressure-Related Accidents
Student divers begin by studying independently using the PADI Rescue Diver course Manual and Video and completing the Knowledge Reviews. With the Instructor’s help, students revise the PADI Rescue course Knowledge review prior the final exam. Prior to certification, you will take the Rescue Diver Exam. This test provides proof that you have grasped the concepts necessary to become a PADI Rescue Diver.
Practical application and rescue skill development occur in the confined and open water environment. There are 12 exercises that will be completed during at least 4 open water sessions. Rescue diver course exercises introduce skills in a logical sequence and subsequent exercises build on previous ones. Exercises 11 and 12 are rescue scenarios that require you to draw from earlier sessions and apply skills to realistic situations.
Prior to PADI Rescue diver certification, you must have completed an EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months. Training may be completed along with rescue diver course.
Combine your Rescue Diver course with EFR
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. And, you need these skills for your PADI Rescue Diver course in Phuket.
Emergency First Response – EFR, is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
This Combo course takes place over 4 days:
• 1st day – EFR course in our PADI Dive school – usually the morning
• 2nd day – Rescue Knowledge session + pool training in our Academy
• 3rd day – Open water Rescue skills training from the beach of Kata
• 4th day – 2 rescue scenarios from our boat MV Mermaid + 1 fun dive
To enroll to the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must be:
Be 12 years or older. Have a PADI Advanced Diver certification or have a equivalent qualifying certification from another organization.
Be trained and current for first aid and CPR (EFR) within the previous two years – Ask us about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses.
You can start your PADI Rescue Diver course in Phuket at any time.
Included in your Learn To Dive program:
- Free All 4 Diving T-Shirt or Aqua Pack 5L
- PADI Pedagogical material & Certification
- Full set of diving equipment
- Scuba diving insurance
- On-board fresh cooked breakfast and lunch
- On-board fresh fruits, soft drinks, water, coffee & tea
- Transfers from your hotel to the boat and back*
*Free pickup from Patong/Kamala/Karon/Kata and Chalong
And after the PADI Rescue Diver course ?
Stay prepared by following these tips:
- Stay fit for scuba diving. Your health is important. You can’t help others if you are out of shape and can’t take care of yourself.
- Practice self-rescue skills often. Remember, helping yourself creates the confidence to help others because you know you can take care of yourself while you provide aid.
- Review and practice in-water rescue breathing techniques with other divers or your buddy.
- Take your first aid kit with you every time you scuba dive and keep your pocket mask handy. Many divers consider their pocket masks standard equipment they always have in a pocket.
Are you ready to become a PADI Pro? You can go straight to your PADI Go Pro Divemaster course